This is another variety of Sambar without any use of Tamarind. This is different from the normal Sambar as this uses Coconut.
1. Snake gourd / Chow Chow / Any Spinach 1 cup
2. Cooked Toor dal ½ cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Turmeric powder
1. Coconut 5 table spoons
2. Jeera ( Cumin seeds) ½ tsp
3. Black Pepper ¼ tsp
4. Urad dal 2 tsp
5. Dry red chillies 3
6. Rice little
Fry all the above ingredients except cumin seeds. Grind it with Coconut and Cumin seeds to a nice paste and Keep aside.
1. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
2. Fenugreek seeds little
3. Curry leave one string
4. Oil ½ tsp
1. Boil Snake gourd with Salt, Hing and Turmeric powder.
2. When it is completely cooked add the grinded paste and boil for few minutes.
3. Now add cooked dal , cook till it boils.
4. Season it and Serve hot with Cooked Rice.
* Best had with any fried vegetable like potato/yam fry and/or Roasted/Fried Papad. *
Tuesday, April 04, 2006