JackFruit Paruppu Payasam
Jack Fruit Paruppu Payasam
* A Traditional Sweet Dish of South India.
* A Payasam that is full of Protein, Calcium and Iron.
* Easy to prepare.
1. Channa dal 1/4 cup
2. Moong dal 1/2 cup
3. Jaggery 3/4 cup
4. Elaichi 4
5. Coconut Milk Thick 1/2 cup
6. Jackfruit cut into small pieces 1/4 cup
7. Grated Coconut 3 tsp
8. Ghee 2 tsp
9. Cashew Nuts 9
1. Fry dal in tawa without adding Oil or ghee till red.
2. Cook Dal nicely with enough water.
3. Add the Jack Fruit pieces, when Dal is almost cooked.
4. Adding 1/4 glass water, Cook Jaggery until boiling point.
5. Strain Jaggery water to remove the mud and dust in it.
6. Pour this Jaggery water and Cook for 8 min in Medium flame.
7. Add Coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Switch off.
8. Using Ghee, Fry Cashew nuts, Grated Coconut and add this into the Payasam.
9. Sprinkle Elaichi Powder and mix well.
* Can be Served Hot or Cold. *