Chutneys are good accompaniments for Idli, Dosa and deep fried snacks like Pakoras.
Needed Ingredients are:
1. Red Onion 2 (roughly cut into pieces)
2. Red Tomato 1 (Cut into cubes)
3. Grated Coconut 2 tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Urad dal 2 table spoons
6. Channa dal 1 tsp
7. Dry Red Chillies (According to taste.)
8. Oil for frying/ Seasoning
9. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
10. Curry Leaves 1 string
1. Heat Oil in a Kadai about 2 table spoons fry Urad dal , Channa Dal, Dry Red Chillies till red and keep it aside.
2. In the same Oil, fry Onion till transparent. Tomato pieces are added now and fry till these are cooked.
3. Grind Onion, Tomato fry with the fried Red Chillies, Urad and Channa dal with Coconut and Salt.
4. Season with mustard leaves and curry leaves in 1/2 tsp of oil.
! A Tasty Chutney that is Sweet, Sour and of course Hot. !