Tamil's New Year / Punjabi's Baisakhi / Keralite's Vishu Kani is nearing.
With My Best Wishes here comes some Cool items that can help tackle summer.
1. Jaggery ½ cup
2. Water 2 cups
3. Cardamom 2 make into powder
4. Ginger small piece or dry ginger powder.
5. Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons.
1. Powder Jaggery and dissolve this in Water and keep it for 15 minutes.
2. Jaggery will dissolve and all the dust and mud settle down.
3. Now strain and keep it aside.
4. In that strained Water, add Cardamom powder, little Ginger juice (1/2 - 1 teaspoons) or Dry ginger powder and lemon juice.
6. Chill and Serve.
1. Curd ½ cup ( low fat curd)
2. Water 2 ½ cups
3. Salt to taste
4. Hing little
5. Ginger , green chilli paste ¼ tsp
6. Lemon juice 1 tsp
7. Mustard seeds for seasoning
8. Oil ¼ tsp.
9. Curry leaves and coriander leaves for garnishing
Neer More Preparation:
1. Dilute curd in water and beat it nicely.
2. Add Salt, Hing, Ginger and Green chilli paste.
3. Season it with Mustard seeds, squeeze Lemon juice and Garnish with Coriander and Curry leaves.
Serve this Chill.
Kosumalli / Vada Pappu in Telugu. ( Salt)
This is a Body Cooling Salad with Proteins.
1. Moong dal 1/4 cup
2. Grated or finely chopped carrot 2 table spoons.
3. Finely Cut Raw Mango Pieces 1 table spoon
4. Finely Cut Cucumber pieces 3 table spoons.
5. Lime Juice 1/4 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Mustard Seeds and Green Chilli for seasoning.
1. Clean and Wash Moong dal and Soak in water for 30 minutes.
2. Add Carrot, Raw Mango, Cucumber, Salt and Lime Juice.
3. Season with Mustard Seeds and Green chilli.
4. Garnish with little Coriander Leaves.
Raw Mango Sweet Pacchadi with Neem Flower:
This a New Year Special of Tamilians and Andhraiites.
It is a Six Star Dish as it contains Six different tastes.
Six different tastes can be had in Food.
Similarly, in Life we face different experiences. [No more philosophy!]
Lets get into the making of this 6 ****** dish.
1. Raw Mango Pieces made into a Paste 1/2 cup (Pulippu/ Sour)
2. Pinch of Salt (Uppu/ Salt)
3. Slit Green Chilli 1 ( Karam / Hot)
4. Jaggery/ Gud 1/4 cup (Inippu / Sweet)
5. Neem Flower Fresh or Dried 1/4 tsp (Kasappu / Bitter)
6. Mustard Seeds to season ( Karppu/ Pungent)
1. Cook Raw Mango Paste adding little water till raw smell goes.
2. Add Salt, Green Chilli and cook for few minutes.
3. Mix Jaggery and Cook till it thickens.
4. Dry Roast Neem Flower and Crush it .
5. Mix this Neem Flower and switch off.
6. With little Oil season with Mustard.
1. If Dry Neem flower is used, it must be cleaned beforehand thoroughly.
2. If Pacchadi is too watery add little rice flour diluted in little amount of water and cook for few minutes.
3. Sweet variant of this Pacchadi is made without neem flower.