Wednesday, April 26, 2006
# This is a protein Enriched Thuvayal very good for Nursing Mothers and
# Very easy to make and well go with Rasam Rice.
# This Thuvayal can be prepared spicy or less spicy. I prepared less Spicy to go along with Spicy Rasam Rice.
Thuvayal Procedure goes like this.
1. Toor Dal 1 cup
2. Red Dried Chilli 1 to 2
3. Pepper Corns 4
4. Salt to taste
6. Grated Coconut 2 table spoons.
7. Oil 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a kadai , put all ingredients except salt and coconut and fry well. (The colour of dal should change)
2. Pour about 2 glasses of water and Keep it aside.
3. After 20 minutes grind it with salt and grated coconut.
* Excellent with Garlic Rasam (upcoming post). *
1. Coconut is optional.
2. Adjust chillies according to taste.
3. Dal should be fried nicely, otherwise thuvayal will smell raw.
4. Garlic can be a good addition.