* A Spicy Kulambu without Cooked Dal.
* Stays good for upto 15 days, if refrigerated.
* Good for Nursing Mothers.
1. Drum Stick (Vegetable) 2 - Cut into 4 inch pieces
2. Tamarind one big lemon size.
3. Salt to taste
Items for Grinding:
1. Toor dal 2 tsp
2. Dhania (coriander seeds) 1/4 tsp
3. Garlic Pods 3
4. Pepper 1 tsp
5. Dried red chilli 3 (accoring to taste)
6. Curry leaves little
Roast the above with 1 tsp of ghee and grind into paste.
1. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
2. Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
3. Curry leaves
4. Oil or ghee 2 table spoons
1. Soak Tamarind and extract thick juice and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan/kadai season with Mustard, Cumin and Curry leaves and pour Tamarind extract.
3. Add Hing, Salt, Vegetable and bring it to a boil .
4. Once the raw smell of tamarind goes, add the grinded paste.
5. Cook till oil floats on top.
1. Sesame Oil enhances the flavour of the Kulambu.
2. Garlic pods can also be added to the seasoning ingredients.
3. Oil can also be added while cooking. More oil in the Kulambu will keep it fresh for more days.
4. Dried Mangoes, Manathakkali vathal can also be added in this Kulambu.