Yet another Rice dish. The most popular Vegetable Pilaf. Cooked with many Vegetables and Nuts this is a wholesome, colorful dish that shall interest the Kids to eat more.
1. Basmati Rice 1 cup
2. Vegetables (Carrot, French Beans and Peas) cut into cubes One cup
3. Onion sliced 2
4. Water 1 3/4 cup
5. Curd 1 table spoon.
Grind to paste:
1. Coconut 1 tsp ( optional)
2. Green chillies according to taste
3. Garlic 2 pods
4. Ginger little.
1. Pepper Corns few
2. Cinnamon stick one
3. Cloves 3
4. Cardamom 2
5. Jeera 1/4 tsp
1. Mint leaves , coriander leaves little
2. Cashew fried in ghee little
1. Wash Rice and drain water and keep it aside.
2. In a Pressure pan or Cooker pour Oil or Ghee and season it.
3. Fry Onions till transparent.
4. Now add the grinded paste and fry for a minute.
5. Then add Vegetables and nicely mix. Add Washed Rice, Salt and Curd and mix it thoroughly.
6. Pour Water and pressure cook till one whistle.
7. Garnish with Cashew nuts and Mint, Coriander leaves.
8. Easy to make and best rice for get to gether.
9. Serve this with Matter Paneer / Kurma.
1. Optional vegetable/fruit is Sweet Corn.
2. Onion/Tomato/ Cucumber Raita, Papads make this dish more interesting.