A combination of Rice and Dal, seasoned with traditional South Indian spices cooked directly in a pressure cooker.
1. Rice 1 cup
2. Moong dal (yellow) 1/2 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Water 2 cups
Items for Seasoning:
1. Oil or Ghee 3 tsp
2. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
3. Channa dal 2 table spoons
4. Curry leaves
6. Dry Red chillies (according to taste)
7. One slit green chill for flavour.
1. Mix rice and dal together wash 2 to 3 times. Drain water and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and season the items. Add the Washed Rice and Dal when the Channa dal turns red.
3. Fry for about 3 minutes in a medium flame.
4. Add Salt and Water and Pressure Cook till 3 whistles.
# Serve Hot with Vatha Kulambu, Karakulambu or Sambar. #