Halwa made with Carrots, Milk and Sugar.
Carrot is a rich source for Vitamin A
My version of this Halwa can be prepared very easily and also with less sugar.
1. Grated Carrot - tightly pressed 4 cups
2. Milk 4 cups (here I used low fat milk. full cream milk gives richer taste to this Halwa)
3. Sugar - 3 cups
4. Ghee - 4 tsp
1. Elaichi Powder
2. Grated badam , cashew and raisins
1. Peel the carrot skin, wash and grate it.
2. Measure the grated carrot, heat 2 tsp of ghee in a thick bottom vessel (I used pressure cooker)
Sauté the grated carrot for a while and add the equal amount of milk and bring it to boil.
3. It takes atleast 25 to 30 mins to cook thoroughly and the milk evaporates.
4. Add sugar and stir nicely, at first it will be watery and slowly it thickens and the mixture loses its moisture.
5. Add remaining ghee, raisins and chopped nuts.
6. Leave in that vessel itself for atleast 30 mins.
Halwa can be served hot or cold.
Instead of milk, condensed milk can also be used and in that case reduce the sugar.