Full fledged meal in a Single Dish. That is Dal Kichadi !
Rice+Dal +Vegetables+Spices = Carbos + Proteins + Fibre = Tasty Dal Kichadi.
Needed items are:
1. Basmati Rice ½ cup
2. Moong dal ½ cup (Or) Toor dal ½ cup
3. Green Chilli 1 slit
4. Cloves 3
5. Jeera ½ tsp
6. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
7. Curry leaves and Coriander leaves
8. Onion 1
10.Garam Masala powder
11.Red Chilli powder
13.Water 4 cups.
14.Ghee 2 tsp or any Cooking oil
1. Fry Rice and dal in a kadai for 3 minutes.
2. Wash and keep it aside.
3. In a Pressure cooker heat Ghee and season with Mustard seeds, Jeera and Cloves.
4. Adding Onion, Fry till transparent and add Tomato. Fry these well.
5. Add Green chilli, Garam Masala powder, Dhania powder, Red chilli powder, Turmeric and fry it for 2 minutes.
6. Add water. When the water is boiling , Add the Rice and Dal mixture and Hing.
7. Pressure cook till 3 to 4 whistles.
8. Mash well, Garnish with Coriander leaves and Curry leaves.
* Do you think this is yet another Rice dish? Try and you would taste a world of difference. *
1. Adding Ginger and Garlic paste.
2. Potato and Peas shall make a even Creamy Kichadi.