For Summer, Curd Rice is the best body cooling food that can be had.
How to make the Plain, Simple Curd Rice tasty and interesting?
1. Cooked Rice one cup
2. Curd 1 cup
3. Milk 1/2 cup (Why? Explained later.)
4. Salt to taste
1. Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
2. Green chillies finely chopped 1
4. Oil 1/2 tsp
5. Ginger finely chopped 1/2 tsp
6. Curry Leaves 1 string
2.Cashew nuts / Grapes. (Optional)
1. Mix Curd and Milk in a bowl and churn nicely.
2. Season with Mustard seeds, Green chillies, Ginger, Curry leaves and Hing and top this on the Curd mixture.
3. Mash Rice nicely adding salt and then add the Curd mix gradually.
4. Mix well and garnish with fried cashew nuts, grapes and coriander leaves.
* Curd Rice with a difference is Ready. *
1. To get Curd rice more creamier, add 1 tsp of butter / fresh cream to the cooked rice and mash well.
2. Adding fine chopped pieces of Carrot, Cucumber and Raw mango pieces will make the
rice more colorful.
3. Adding Milk will minimize the sourness of the Curd and this can remain tasty even after few hours.
1. Chill this and Serve.
2. Serve with Vadu Mango Pickle, Avakkai, or Curd Chillies.