* Aromatic Rice flavored with fresh Methi leaves and spices.
* Suitable for Pot luck, Picnic and Parties.
1. Basmati Rice 1 Cup
2. One Big Red Onion - sliced finely.
3. One Small Ripe Tomato - chopped finely.
4. One Green Chilli - Slit
5. Turmeric Powder
6. Salt to taste.
7. Fresh Methi Leaves - 3/4 cup
8. Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
9. Water 2 cups
1. Coriander Seeds 2 tsp
2. Jeera 1/4 tsp
3. 5 Pepper corns
4. Cloves 3
5. Cinnamon Stick - One small piece
6. Green Elaichi - 2
7. Dry Red Chillies 2 to 3 (according to taste)
Fry the above on a tawa without adding oil till good aroma comes. Cool and Powder it.
1. Ghee 4 tsp (can replace it with any cooking oil)
2. Fennel Seeds 1/4 tsp
3. Fresh Coriander leaves chopped finely 3 tsp.
1. Heat oil in a Pressure cooker, Season with Fennel seeds and Coriander Leaves.
2. Fry onion till transparent and add Tomato piece, slit Green Chilli, Ginger Garlic paste and cook well.
3. Add Methi leaves (no need to chop), washed rice and mix well.
4. Now add the Turmeric powder, Salt and fresh Masala powder.
5. Cook this in a medium flame for 3 minutes or till good aroma comes.
6. Pour water and Pressure cook till 2 whistles. (or) till the rice done.
* Methi Pilaf is best served with Raita and Papads. *