I was so lazy (as usual) and I didn’t know what to cook. The only vegetable left at home were the usual Tomatoes, Onions, Potatoes etc.
Idea ! Tomato + Onion Rice !
I cooked this Tomato Rice direct in the pressure cooker and saved time too!
Serves 3 persons.
Following items are needed::
1. Tomato 4 big size fully ripe chopped
2. Onion thinly sliced 2
3. Green chillies 3 to 4 (according to taste)
4. Rice 1 ½ cup (Long grain rice preferred)
5. Salt to taste
6. Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
7. Red chilli powder ¼ tsp
8. Water 3 cups
1. Mustard seeds ¼ tsp
2. Fennel seeds ¼ tsp
3. Curry leaves little
4. Coriander leaves little
5. Oil 2 table spoons
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker season with mustard and fell seeds.
2. Fry onion, Green Chillies, when Onion turns brown add tomato pieces, Salt, Turmeric powder and Red chilli powder.
4. It should become pulp and then goes the washed rice.
5. Fry these for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add water 3 cups, close the lid, pressure cook till 2 whistles.
Once cooled, Tomato Rice is ready to serve !
Serving Suggestion: Raitha and/or Papad and/or Cool Cucumber Salad.
# Please try and comment. Was it Easy and Tasty? #