White pumpkin 300 gms.
Red pumpkin 150 gms.
Green chilli 1
Tomato 1 ( fully ripe)
Garlic 2 pods
Bay leaf 1 small piece
Cinnamon stick small piece.
Water 3 cups.
Butter ½ tsp
Milk ¼ cup
White or black pepper powder - To taste
Salt - To taste
Capsicum small piece cut into strips (for garnishing)
Corn flour or Maida 1 tsp (I did not use. You may use, if needed for thickening)
Thinly sliced carrots 2 tsp for garnishing.
1. Heat butter in a Pressure Cooker / Pan with ½ tsp butter.
2. Fry the Capsicum pieces for few minutes (without colour change) and keep it aside.
3. Add Pumpkin pieces, Green chilli, Sliced Onion, Tomato, Garlic, Bay leaf and Cinnamon stick and fry for few minutes then pour water .
4. Let this to boil nicely till 2 whistles.
5. Cool it thoroughly, discard the Cinnamon sticks, Bay leaf and Green chilli.
6. Grind the boiled vegetables and strain it. (to remove seeds and skin of tomato)
7. Boil the strained water, adding milk, salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
8. Dilute Corn flour with little water and add it to the boiling soup, if the soup is very thin.
9. Again bring it to a boil for few minutes.
Serve this in a bowl, garnishing it with Capsicum and Carrot.
* Am not recommending the Toasted bread, Soupsticks etc with this. *
Hello Friends ! !
I have taken part in My Dhaba's cooking competition with my above entry VCC 32 Pumpkin Soup.
Public polling for this has already started on April 11 and will last until April 20.
The details of my entry is here. Hope you find it interesting.
Please make some time to check and cast your golden vote as a comment in my favour here.
Be there to support me :- ) Thanks in Advance.
Wish you All Happy and Healthy Days ahead ! !
NB:- Voting format
My Vote is for: Entry No. VCC 32 by Menu Today.