This is a protein enriched dry curry. This dish is very popular in Tamilnadu and served in all weddings.
This can be made with vegetables like Beans, Long Beans, Raw Banana(Plantain), Banana flower, Cluster Beans.
Traditional way is to fry the grinded dal paste in oil. In this method lots of oil will be consumed.
My version of this recipe will consume less oil.
Serving Suggestion:- This can be served with Hot Rice with melted ghee.
Toor dal 1 cup
Dry red chillies 5
Salt to taste.
Beans ¼ kg
Oil for frying 3 tsp
1. Soak toor dal for 40 minutes.
2. Grind coarsely with red chillies, salt and hing. (Without adding water)
3. Steam the paste till it is cooked.
4. Cool it and crumble it nicely.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
6. Add finely cut beans, sprinkle water and cook till soft.
7. Take out and keep it aside.
8. Again heat the remaining oil, add crumbled dal fry for 5 minutes.
9. Then add cooked beans saute it for 5 minutes.
10.This will go very well with vathakulambu, more kulambu.
1.If we add more water while grinding, after steaming, the paruppu will not come out nice.
2.Half portion of Channa dal and half portion of Toor dal shall make this more interesting.
# Try and let know of your views. #