Kurma is generally made with Potato and other vegetables. My Recipe is with Beetroot!!!!!
Yeah, this combination of Beet (Sweet) Root and spices makes this dish different, tasty and am sure will be liked by all.
This dish will go very well along with Phulka, Jeera Rice, Paratha..Poori. In breakfast, this can give good company to Toasted bread.
Now lets get into the making of this beetroot Kurma.
1. Beet Root 1 if it is big or 2.
2. Carrot 1.
3. Potato (optional) 1.
4. Onion 2 cut in to finely.
5. Tomato 2 chopped finely.
6. Salt to taste.
Items for Grinding:
1. Grated Coconut 2 tsp
2. Cashew nut 3
3. Almonds 3
4. Saunf (Fennel seeds) ½ tsp
5. Garlic 2 pods
6. Green Chillies 2 Nos
7. Dhania Powder (coriander Powder) ½ tsp
8. Garam Masala ½ tsp
9. Red Chilli Powder ¼ tsp
10.Oil to make Kurma (To make it rich, replace this with Butter.)
1. Boil Beet root, carrot, potato with required amount of water. If water is excess it is useful to make gravy.
2. Heat oil in a Kadai or wok. Saut’e Onion, Garlic, Green chillies till brown then add tomato and fry it till cooked nicely.
3. This is the correct time to mix all the powders and mix it in a medium flame for 2 minutes, cool it and grind it with other ingredients using little water, if necessary.
4. Bring it to boil the grinded paste with water. (here using boiled vegetable water is also o.k.)
5. Few minutes later oil will float on the edges.
6. Add Cooked vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or till thickens.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Variation: replace it with Mixed vegetables like Cauliflower, Beans,
Carrot, Potato for a normal Kurma.