1. Small Onion 6 to 7 sliced.
2. One Tomato chopped
3. Garlic pods 4 to 5
4. Any One vegetable (lady’s finger, brinjal, bitter guard or drumstick)
5. Tamarind Paste 3 tsp or One lemon size. (To dilute in ¾ cup).
6. Hing little.
7. Red Chilli Powder 1 ½ tsp to 2 tsp
8. Coriander Powder 1 ½ tsp to 2 tsp.
9. Sambar Powder ½ tsp.
10.Turmeric powder little
1. Coconut 1 table spoon or coconut milk 1 table spoon. This takes out the extra hot and extra sour out of the dish.
2. ½ tsp Poppy seeds.
1. Oil 2 table spoons.
2. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
3. Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
4. Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
5. Fennel seeds ¼ tsp
6. Urad dal and Channa dal ½ tsp.
7. Curry leaves one string
a. Heat oil in a pan or kadai and season with the above and fry onion and garlic till Golden brown.
b. Now add chopped tomato and fry till it becomes pulp and next goes the vegetables for few minutes (4-5 mins) of frying.
c. Add all powders, mix well and pour tamarind diluted water.
d. Bring it to a boil, till Oil floats on top.
e. Add the grinded Coconut or Coconut Milk and bring it to a boil for few minutes.
Ready -> Tasty and Spicy Kulambu is ready.
* This is best enjoyed with Idli or Dosa or Paratha or Plain Rice with Ghee. *