Pink Pal Payasam
Payasam is everybody’s favorite dish.
It can be prepared for party’s, functions and on auspicious days.
Here I am posting the method of making Pink Pal Payasam.Ingredients:1. Milk 1 litre. (Full Cream Milk)
2. Sugar 150 to 160 gms
3. Water 1 cup (120ml)
4. Rice 4 tablespoon (preferred Basmati rice)
1. Elaichi 3 made in to powder
2. Badam, Cashew, Pistachios finely cut - 4 tablespoons.
3. Saffron 3 to 4 strings
Use thick bottomed pressure cooker with vent.
1. Boil Milk - adding water .
2. Add the washed and cleaned rice in boiling milk.
3. Keep the pressure closed and cook in slow fire for 35 to 40 minutes. (no whistle required).
4. After the pressure has cooled down open the cooker.
Mix thoroughly, boil for 5 minutes in medium flame.
5. This is the time to add Sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with Saffron, Elaichi powder, Dry fruits etc..
Now the Pink Pal Payasam is ready. The secret behind the color is the “slow cooking of the milk.”
7. Serve Hot or Chill.
This payasam takes lot of effort and time, but the taste of this effort is very Sweet and enjoyable.Points to Note:-
1. If the payasam is not cooked sufficiently, it would smell of milk.
2. If you add more rice, the payasam will be thick.