In my Rasam series, Am posting another variety,
This can be prepared without tamarind and rasam powder.
Now, lets go into the easy preparation.
1. Boiled Toor dal - 4 tablespoons.
2. Tomato - 1 Small - Big cut pieces.
3. Green Chillies 3 cut length wise.
4. Ginger - finely cut one small piece (optional)
5. Salt to taste
6. Hing - Little
7. Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
8. 2 ½ to 3 table spoons of Lime juice.
9. Water - 2 glasses.
Mustard seeds : ¼ tsp.
Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp.
Ghee: ½ tsp.
In a vessel put Cooked dal, Slit green chillies, Chopped ginger,
Salt, Hing , Turmeric powder and 1 glass of water, mix well.
Bring to a boil, when it starts boiling add cut tomato and boil till the green chillies cooked (colour of green chillies will change.)
Now, add remaining water and boil till foamy.
Switch off, squeeze lemon juice.
Garnish with Curry and Coriander leaves.
Season the ingredients with ghee.
Serve with hot rice.
See again, No Rasam powder or Tamarind used.
If the stove is on when adding lemon juice the taste of rasam will change in to bitter.
1. You can add crushed garlic while boiling.
2. You can reduce the chillies and use crushed pepper.