Very famous Sweet of India.
 Extract of Wheat and Milk.
 Irresistible Taste - If it comes out well.
 Can keep peoples mouth shut - If it does not come well. :-)
1. One cup Samba Wheat or Samba Wheat Rawa. (soak in water for 3 to 4 hours)
2. Saffron strands and Orange food colour.
3. Sugar (for one cup Wheat, Thick Milk 2 to 21/2 cups)
4. Ghee (for one cup milk 1/2 cup ghee)
5. Elaichi Powder
6. Cashew nuts broken
7. Hot Boiling water ( for one cup milk 2 1/2 cups)
8. Lemon juice 1 tsp for one cup of milk.
1. Grind the wheat and take extract. Grind again for 3 to 4 times.
2. Strain well with muslin cloth or using a fine sieve and keep it aside for 4 hours.
3. Discard the water from the top and measure the thick white extract (Wheat milk) and add lemon juice and keep it aside.
4. Dissolve Sugar in water and make one string consistency. (for sugar syrup just enough water to cover sugar)
5. Mean time boil water in a separate vessel.
6. Add Wheat milk to the Sugar syrup and stir finely. It will harden, then add 1/2 cup of boiling water
and stir again. Follow the same process till finishing the water. (now the mixture looks glossy and fully cooked). Now goes the food colour and saffron.
7. Gradually add Ghee and Stir well. (Cooking time about 15 to 20 min).
8. Wheat milk, ghee, sugar syrup will all gather and will lump together and ghee will ooze out. Now goes the Elaichi powder and Cashew nut pieces.
9. Set in a plate.
[\] Cool and Cut into desired shape. Serve with Hot and Spicy Bajjis. [/]
1. Why lemon juice in a Sweet? To avoid forming of Sugar crystals in the Sweet.
2. If you use Granulated sugar the measure should be 2 Cups. If you use Fine Sugar, the measure you use must be 2 1/2 Cups.
3. While making Sugar Syrup, add a teaspoon of milk to remove dust.