* Murukku made with Rice and Dal.
* It looks spiky as it is made with Star nostle in the Murukku maker.
Ingredients Needed:1. Rice flour (store bought can be used) Else Washed Rice, Dry and Powder it. - 3 Cups
2. Dal flour 1 cup. (Fry one cup Channa dal and Moong dal on empty tawa till red, Cool and Powder it ) 1 cup
3. Butter 2 tsp
4. Sesame seeds 1/4 tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Hing (optional)
7. Oil to deep fry.
Method:1. Sieve Rice and Dal flour together - 2 times.
2. Add Salt, Butter and Sesame seeds and mix well.
3. Take a small portion, Mix with water like Puri dough.
4. Put some of this dough in the Murukku maker (Apply little Oil in the murukku maker beforehand) and make small size Murukku on a plastic sheet/paper.
5. Deep fry these Murukkus till golden brown.
6. Cool and store in air tight containers.
# Spicy Murukku is a favourite for all. #
<> When more Butter is added, while making, Murukku will break. So add flour to compensate.
<> If Butter is less, Murukku will be harder.
<> Sieving is important to remove the air content.
<> When Oil is clear and Murukku floats on top then we can know that Murukkus are fried properly.