Cabbage is an universal vegetable and available all around the year. Cabbage Poriyal is also served in every South Indian Set Meals in all Hotels through out the world.
Lets go into the making of the Cabbage Poriyal.
1. Cabbage finely chopped 2 cups (washed before cutting)
2. Salt to taste
3. Turmeric Powder Little
4. Sugar 1/4 tsp (Optional)
1. Green Chillies 2
2. Grated Coconut 2 to 3 table spoons
(Grind /Pound it without Adding water)
1. Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
2. Dry Red Chillies 1
3. Curry Leaves Little
4. Oil 1 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a Kadai Season with Mustard seeds, Curry leaves and Dry Red Chilli.
2. Put Cabbage, Turmeric Powder mix well and keep close with lid for about 3 minutes.
3. Remove lid, Add Salt and Cook till all the water evaporates.
4. Add Pounded mix , Sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
Cabbage Poriyal accompanies Sambar Rice, Rasam Rice very well.
1. Always wash Cabbage before cutting.
2. Add Salt when the Cabbage is half cooked, else the Poriyal will be soggy.
3. No need to add water, by adding salt the water content from Cabbage will ooze out.