Carrot Pearl (sago) Payasam
My son asked for some sweet dish with Vegetables.
So I decided to make Payasam with Carrot and added Sago to make it interesting.
Sago also from tapiocca
Here is how I went about making this Payasam.
1. Carrot medium size 4
2. Milk 1/2 lit (I used full cream milk)
3. Sago 3 to 4 tablespoons.
4. Sugar to taste
5. Ghee 1/2 tsp
6. Water 1/2 cup
1. Elaichi Powder.
3. Cashew and Badam
4. Cloves 2
1. Pressure cook Carrots. Cool it and grind into paste.
2. Boil milk and keep aside.
3. Heat 1/2 tsp of Ghee in kadai and fry Sago till it pops open.
4. Boil the fried Sago with Water and Drain water completely and keep it aside.
5. Take a heavy bottom vessel put Carrot paste and water.
6. Boil this mixture for 5 minutes in medium flame, Add Milk and Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add Sugar, stirring continuously and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. While boiling the Carrot puree, add Cloves.
9. Garnish later with Elaichi powder, Saffron, fine pieces of Cashews and Badams.
1.You can make this with low fat milk .
2. This one is fat free. (whatever ghee we are using we are taking out).
=> How was the CP Payasam? <=