Spinach With Chickpeas
Spinach with Paneer, Dal, Potatoes are quite usual.
I decided to make Spinach + Chick peas.
It turned out well for me. May be, lucky for once. : - )
Here is the procedure:-
1. Spinach Leaves 2 cups
2. Boiled Chickpeas 1/4 cup
3. Green Chilli 2 (according to taste)
4. Salt to taste
5. Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
6. Shallots (small Onions) 12 nos chopped finely.
7. Coriander Powder 3/4 tsp.
8. Butter or Oil 3 tsp.
1. Cook Spinach leaves with Green chillies and Cumin seeds, adding little water and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil or Butter in a Kadai, add Chopped Shallots and fry well. When the colour changes add
Coriander powder and mix well. (till nice aroma comes)
3. Grind the cooked Spinach leaves adding some salt and pour this mixture over the fried Onions.
4. Now goes cooked Chick peas and 1/4 cup of water and cook this in a medium flame for 4 minutes.
5. Garnish with Chopped Ginger pieces and Grated Cheese.
# Serve Hot with Rice / Poori / Chappathis. #
How was it ??