# Adai contains all types of dals and rice.
# Protein rich dish that can be had with Butter, Ghee Sugar mix, Sambar or with Avial.
1. Idli rice - 1 cup
2. Raw rice - 1 cup
3. Toor dal - 3/4 cup
4. Channa dal - 3/4 cup
5. Urad dal - 1/2 cup
6. Dried Red Chillies - 7 to 8 (according to taste)
7. Onion 4 ( 3 to be chopped finely)
8. Salt to taste
9. Curry leaves and Coriander Leaves
10 Oil for shallow frying
1. Wash 2 to 3 times and soak Rice and Dal together with Dried Red Chillies for 4 hours.
2. Grind coarsely along with Salt.
3. Take one Onion and Grind it along with dal.
4. Check for Salt and mix Curry and Coriander leaves.
5. Add chopped Onion and check for thickness. If it is too thick add little water to dilute it.
6. Heat Dosa pan, wipe it with little oil and pour one big ladle full of batter and spread in circular motion, make small hole in the middle of Adai and take one tsp of oil spread on the outer side and also on the middle.
7. Cook in medium flame till done and cook the other side applying little more oil.
! Serve hot. !
1. Never grind finely.
2. To get crispier Adai, soak Dal and Rice separately.
3. Grind Rice first then dal and mix them thoroughly.
4. Adding crushed Cumin seeds or Fennel seeds will give more flavor to Adai.
5. Omitting Rice, using Sooji (Rava ) will give crisp texture.