Vazhaikkai Podi (Raw Banana Powder)
A Podi variety with Raw Banana (Plantain).
1. Raw Banana 1
2. Salt to taste
3. Channa Dal - 2 1/2 table spoons
4. Coriander Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
5. Urad Dal - 1 tsp
6. Pepper Corns - 6
7. Tamarind - Small Gooseberry Size.
8. Salt to taste
9. Dry Red Chillies 7 to 8 (according to taste)
10. Oil 2 tsp
11. Mustard seeds a nd Curry leaves.
1. Heat 1 tsp of Oil in a kadai, Fry Channa dal, Urad dal, Coriander seeds, Pepper, Red Chilli & Tamarind,
till brown and keep it aside.
2. Peel the skin and Cut the Raw Banana into small, thin pieces. Fry these pieces in the same Oil till it shrinks,
in medium flame and keep aside to allow it to cool.
3. Add Salt and Hing to the Dal mixture and pound. Then add the Raw Banana pieces.
4. Heat another spoon of Oil and season with Mustard and Curry leaves, Fry the pounded Raw Banana Powder for 2 minutes.
 Serve this Podi with Hot Rice and have it along with melted Ghee. 
Note: This Podi can stand good for weeks.