Payaru Vella Sundal
(/) Traditional Sundal Variety.
(/) Healthy Sundal for all.
This is my submission for JFI#8 (jaggery) Hosted by Kay of Towards Better Tomorrow
1. Green Moong Dal - 1 cup
2. Jaggery (Gud) - 3/4 cup
3. Coconut (Grated) - 1/4 cup
4. Elaichi Powder to taste
5. Salt - 1/4 tsp
6. Ghee - 1/2 tsp
1. Fry Green Moong for 5 minutes and Soak in water for 30min.
2. Cook in a open pan till done. (not too mushy)
3. Mean time, Boil Jaggery with 1/2 cup of Water, Strain to remove dust and sand.
4. Make this into a thick syrup.
5. Now add Cooked Moong, Salt, Grated Coconut, Elaichi powder and stir well till water evaporates.
6. Garnish with fried Cashew.
Hot or Cold, Delicious and Healthy !