What can I do with these leafy green heads? Normally I make Vatha Kulambu with this. [Am saving some of the Sprouts for this.]
This time around I wanted use of this Veggie with JFI of the month "Coconut" and decided to make a Stew.
Here goes what I made:=
1. Brussel Sprouts 10 to 12
2. Onion Finely chopped 1/2 cup
3. Tomato Puree 1/4 cup
4. Salt to Taste
5. Coconut Milk 1/2 cup
6. Sambar Powder 1 tsp
7. Oil 1 table spoon
Ingredients for Paste:
1. Coconut (grated) 2 tablespoons
2. Green Chillies 3 Nos
3. Ginger One Small Piece
4. Garlic 2 pods
5. Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
6. Fresh Coriander Leaves handful
7. Little Salt.
8. Sugar 1/2 tsp
9. Little Tamarind
10. Few Cashew Nuts
Grind the above finely into paste and Keep Aside.
1. Wash and Clean Brussel Sprouts and make slits and Steam Cook.
2. Apply the Grinded Paste inside the slit and out side and keep it for 20 minutes.
3. In another vessel, pour the Coconut Milk. In Coconut Milk add sambar Powder or Dhania Chilli powder, remaining Grindedpaste, salt and keep it aside.
4. Mean time, heat Oil in a Kadai /pan and fry chopped onions till golden brown.
5. Now goes, Tomato Puree and cook well till oil separates.
6. Now add stuffed Brussel sprouts and fry for a minute.
7. Now add coconut milk mixture, check for salt and cook till gravy thickens
Serve with Rice or Rotis.
<>Stew came out well but was relished by all in the family. <>
This is My Submission for JFI#9 (Coconut) hosted by Ashwini of Food for Thouught