Kunukku is a South Indian Snack prepared in Tanjore region.
Perfect tea time snack and some families have this as a custom to prepare this during Navarathiri.
1. Channa Dal (Kadalai Paruppu) 1/2 cup
2. Toor Dal (Thuvaram Paruppu) 1/2 cup
3. Urad Dal (Ulutham Paruppu) 1/4 cup
4. Rice (Raw Rice) 1/4 cup
5. Dry Red Chilli 8 Nos. (according to ur taste
6. Green Chillies Chopped 2 nos
7. Salt to taste
8. Hing/ Perungayam little
9. Coriander and Curry Leaves
10. Grated Coconut 2 Tablespoons
11. Oil for Frying
1. Soak Dal and Rice Together for 2 Hours.
2. Grind it Along with Red Chillies, Salt and Hing/ Perungayam.
3. Grind to coarse thick Paste. add chopped / Grated Coconut, Coriander and Curry leaves, Chopped Green chillies.
4. Mix well... Heat Oil in a Kadai, Drop small balls in Oil.
5. Fry till Golden Brown .
* Finely Chopped Onions can be added to the Mix.
Perfect Protein Rich Snack ready.