Vegetable Pulav in Tomato Juice
Generally people make Pulav in Coconut Milk.
I used Tomato Juice instead.
1. Mixed Vegetables (French Beans, Carrot, Beetroot, Peas and Cauliflower) 2 cups
2. Rice 1 1/2 cups
3. Salt to taste
4. Onion - thinly sliced 2
5. Green Chillies 2
6. Elaichi 2 Nos
7. Bay leaf one small piece
8. Cinnamon stick one small piece
9. Cloves 5 nos.
10. Oil or Ghee 3 to 4 tsp
11. Tomato puree diluted with water - 3 cups or fresh tomato juice
12. Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
13. Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Ginger / Garlic paste:
1. Ginger one small piece
2. Garlic 2 pods
3. Dried Red Chillies 3
4. Coriander, Curry and Mint leaves
1. Wash Rice and Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a Pressure cooker and add Elaichi, Cinnamon, Cloves and Fennel seeds.
3. Add Onion Slices and fry till golden brown.
4. Now goes the Mixed Vegetables and Ginger/Garlic paste, fry till nice aroma comes.
5. Add washed rice and fry well by adding salt.
6. Now goes the Hero of this dish, Tomato Juice and pressure cook till done.
:=: Serve Hot with Raita and Papads :=:
*Fry Beetroot pieces separately and add while cooking*