=> Every state in India has its own versions of Kozhukkattai.
=> Favourite of Lord Ganesh.
=> Tamilnadu Version is here.
Makes 25 (Approx)
For Stuffing Ingredients needed:
1.1/2 cup urad dal
2. Green and red Chillies according to taste
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil 1 tsp
6. Mustard seeds
7. Curry leaves
1. Soak Urad dal for 30 min and grind it into a coarse paste by addingSalt, Chillies, Hing.
2. Steam it in Idli plate till done.
3. Cool and crumble it nicely. (See picture for its consistency.)
4. Heat oil in a pan add Mustard and Curry leaves.
5. Add the crumbled Dal mixture and fry for a minute and keep it aside.
From Clocok wise: Cooked base, Kneaded Base, Taken small Size, Flatten like cup, Keeping Stuff, Closing across , ready for steaming
Making of base
1. See my Sweet ModaK Version.
Making of Kozhukkattai.:
1. Take little Bigger size of the Base (compared to sweet) and make like cup.
2. Stuff with the Dal mixture.
3. With wet hand close across, press thoroughly on all the edges.
4. Then spiral it. [Optional]5. Steam and Serve.
(\) Take this as a break after too many Sweet Modaks. (/)
PS: Sweet Version is in another of my Post. Do not miss it.