=> Kozhukkattai is a traditional dish of India.
=> Every state in India has its own versions of Kozhukkattai
=> Favourite of Lord Ganesh.=>
Chathurthi is one occassion to make this.
This is dedicated to the Upcoming Chathurthi.To make medium size 30 Kozhukkattai
For Base:1. Raw Rice 1/2 cup (Soak in water for 1 hour) and grind into paste
2. Salt a pinch
4. Milk 2 table spoons.
5. Ghee or oil 1 tsp
Making of Base:1. Grind Raw Rice into fine paste and dilute it with water (Dosa Batter Consistency)
2. Add Salt, Oil (1 tsp) and Milk and Mix thoroughly.
3. Put this mixture on Stove and Stir it continuously till it comes a lump.
4. In wet muslin cloth or thin Cotton cloth tie this and keep it aside.
Cooked Base, Kneaded base, Taken small Marble Size, Flatten Like Cup, Stuffing Pooranam, Making of Modak, Steamed ModakFor Sweet Pooranam:1. Fresh Ganesh Coconut 1 cup
2. Jaggery 3/4 cup (1 cup for more sweet)
3. Elaichi Powder
4. Ghee 1 tsp
5. Water less than 1/4 cupMaking of Pooranam (stuffing)
1. Put Jaggery in a Heavy Bottom Vessel and pour water in it.
2. Bring it to boil, strain to Remove Mud, Dust etc.
3. Boil for another 2 minutes and add Grated Coconut and stir continuouslytill it separates from the edges.
4. Add Ghee and switch off.5. Cool it and make small size balls and keep it aside.
Making of Kozhukkattai:
1. Take little cooked batter, sprinkle water little by little with an oily hand knead it till it becomes like soft ball.
2. Take small amount from this, apply little oil in your palm and flatten it.
3. Flatten the edges so that it will form like cup.
4. Put the stuffing inside, close and make the Mothakam Shape.
5. Make atleast 10 to 15 and steam boil these immediately it in an Idli plate till cooked.(ortill it is shiny and glistening.)
::-> Make Ganesh and your Family members Happy. <-:: data-blogger-escaped-span="">
Tip:-1. Knead the Base as soft as possible. Else it will crack during steaming.