Potato Paneer Kurma
This is My submission for September JFI#5 hosted byhttp://vineelascooking.blogspot.com/
This is not an yet another Kurma. This has Potatoes and Paneer made in white gravy.
Here goes the procedure:
1. Potatoes 1/2 kg
2. Paneer 200 gms.
3. Green chillies - 4 (according to taste)
4. Cashew Nuts - One handful soaked in water.
5. Salt - to taste
6. Ginger - one small piece
7. Garlic - 2 pods (optional)
8. Elaichi - 3
9. Cloves - 3
10. Cinnamon Stick - one small piece.
11. Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
12. Onion - 3 (2 for making paste , one chopped finely)
13. Coriander Leaves - one handful.
14. Butter or Oil - 2 tablespoons.
Make into paste:
1. Cashew nuts paste
2. Make another paste with Ginger, Garlic, Onion 2 nos, Green Chillies, Coriander leaves.
Make into powder:
Fry Elaichi, Cinnamon, Cloves in tawa and make into powder.
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry onion till brown.
2. Add grinded Paste(2 above), Masala Powder and fry till nice aroma comes.
3. Boil Potatoes and Cut into cubes. Fry Paneer and keep immersed in warm water.
4. Add Boiled potatoes, Paneer, Salt and mix well.
5. Now mix the Cashew paste and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Lastly add Coconut Milk and switch off.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Best enjoyed with Biryani and all kinds of Indian Bread.