This is presented for the hosted by Sailu.
][ A Curry suitable for Rice, Chappathi, Paratha .
][ Serves 3 to 4 persons
][ Cooking Time 20 minutes.
1. Black Eye Bean (Thatta Payar in Tamil, Chowli in Hindi) - 1/2 cup
2. Brinjal - 3 small size. (Cut into cubes)
3. Onion - 1 Chopped finely.
4. Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
6. Garlic - 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
7. Curds - 1/4 cup (Other option - Lemon juice)
8. Coconut paste - 2 table spoons.
9. Salt - to taste
10. Pav-bhaji Masala - 1/2 tsp
11. Slit Green Chillies - 2
12. Red Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
13. Coriander Powder 1 tsp
1. Oil or butter - 2 table spoon
2. Mustard and Cumin Seeds each 1/4 tsp
3. Curry leaves and coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Soak bean for 3 hours and Pressure cook and keep it aside.
1a. Fry Brinjal in a non-stick tawa adding 1 tablespoon of Oil and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat Oil and season with Mustard and Cumin seeds.
3. Add chopped Ginger and Garlic and saute for a minute.
4. Now goes chopped Onions until they are brown.
5. Mix Coriander powder and saute for a minute and add chopped Tomatoes.
6. Cook well till Tomatoes become a pulp.
7. Now goes Red Chilli powder, Salt, boiled Beans, fried Brinjal, Curds and cook till nice aroma comes.
8. Add Coconut paste, Pav Bhaji masala and Cook to a boil.
][ Garnish with Coriander and Curry leaves and Serve Hot. ][
Note on Black Eyed Beans:-
This is Rich in Soluble Fiber. New consumers can experience flatulence. To avoid this, All lentils must be slightly fried before soaking.