Tomato Kulambu (Thakkali Kulambu)
=> Quick and Easy Kulambu.
=> Suitable side dish for Idli, Rice, Pongal, Chappathi etc.
=> Tasty Kulambu without tamarind.
How to make this?
1. Red Onion - 2
2. Ripe Tomatoes - 3
3. Sambar Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Cooked Toor dal - 3/4 cup
6. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
2. Green Chilli - 1
3. Grated Coconut - 3 tsp
Fry the Coriander seeds and green chilli and Grind it with coconut.
1. Mustard seeds
2. Fenugreek seeds
3. Jeera (Cumin seeds)
4. Curry leaves
5. Dry Red Chillies - 1 or 2
6. Oil - 2 1/2 tablespoons
1. Heat oil in a Kadai and season with Mustard, Cumin, Fenugreek, Curry leaves, Dry Red Chillies and fry the sliced Onion till brown.
2. Add Sambar powder, Turmeric powder and fry for 3 minutes in medium flame.
3. Add cubed Tomato pieces and fry once without breaking tomatoes.
4. Stir in Cooked dal, Grinded paste and Cook for 5 minutes in medium flame
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tomato Kulambu can be prepared in a Jiffy. Right or not ???