* Keerai Masial is made with Mulai Keerai. (Thotta Koora in telugu, Amaranth in English)
* Keerai Masial goes well with Vatha Kulambu, More Kulambu.
* Less spicy side dish.
1. Mulai Keerai 2 bunch
2. Salt to taste
Ingredients needed for Grinding:
1. Toordal - 2 tsp
2. Rice or Rice flour - 1 tsp
3. Grated Coconut - 3 table spoons.
4. Dry Red Chillies - 2 (according to taste)
5. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Soak everything for 30 minutes and grind into fine paste.
Ingredients for Seasoning:
1. Ghee - 1 tsp
2. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
3. Urad dal - 1 tsp.
1. After washing Chop the leaves with the Stem and cook by adding Salt and Hing. (no need to add water)
2. Add Grinded paste and cook till it thickens.
3. In ghee season with Mustard and Urad dal.
~ Two Cups of Vegetables everyday is recommended. If one of them is Spinach, even better. ~
1. Adding pinch of Sugar keeps Color unchanged.
2. While seasoning adding 1or 2 Dry Curd Chillies will give different flavor.