Karadayan Nonbu Adai (Salt)
Salt Adai:This measure makes 15 small size adais.
Ingredients:1. Rice flour one cup
2. Grated coconut or small pieces of coconut ¼ cup
3. Boiled kidney beans 4 to 5 table spoons.
4. Water 1 ½ cups
5. Salt to taste.
6. Hing - Little.
Seasonings:1. Mustard seeds ½ tsp
2. Urad dal 1 tsp
3. Curry leaves one string
4. Ginger one small piece - Finely chopped.
5. Green chilli and red dry chilli mix 3 nos - Finely chopped
6. Oil 2 tsp
Method:1. Take a kadai, heat it with a oil add seasonings.
2. Pour water while boiling add coconut pieces or grated,, boiled kidney beans, and salt.
3. Put the flour at a time, mix well without forming lumps.
4. Close it with a lid and switch off the stove.
5. Take a small amount of dough and mix it till soft, sprinkling little water if need.
6. Take a small ball of the dough and flatten it.
7. Steam it (till it get a shine).
Tips:* Flour must be added only when the water is in a boiling stage. Else it will form lumps.
* To retain the moisture, keep the dough closed in a wet cloth.
* If the water content is less crack, during steaming the edges will break.