Jangiri::> Jangiri is a traditional Indian sweet made with Urad dal and maida.
::> Jangri is deep fried in oil/ghee and soaked in sugar syrup.::> Jangiri has a flavour of Saffron and Rose. Ingredients Needed:1. Urad dal 1 cup
2. Raw Rice 1 table spoons
3. Maida flour 2 tablespoons.
4. Food colour (Orange ) 3 pinch
5. Sugar 1-1/2 cups
6. Water 1/2 cup
7. Saffron 4 to 5 strings
8. Oil or Ghee for deep frying
9. Jangiri Rit (Thick, Square cloth with small hole in Center)
10. Rose essence or Rose Water little.
Method:1. Wash and soak Rice and Urad dal for 20 minutes.
2. Grind it, in Wet grinder without adding water. (Just sprinkle water).Minimum for 30 mins.
3. Lastly add food colour and maida.
4. Take a bowl of water and put this mixture in water. (It will float.)
5. Heat Oil/Ghee in a flat pan in moderate heat.
6. Make sugar syrup, 1/2 string consistency, add food colour, Saffron and Rose essence and keep it aside.
7. Take Jangiri rit, put some grinded batter and make one big circle and in that circle make small continuous rings.
8. Deep fry in oil, without changing its colour and tansfer this jangiri to sugar syrup.
9. Make another Jangiri and when putting this batch in the sugar syrup, take out the earlier batch of Jangiri and keep aside.
10. Serve Hot or Cold.
# Hot or Cold, Morning or Night, Jangiri is Cool and enjoyable. #
Note: Enjoy it the same day, preferably. Does not last long for more than couple of days, even when refrigerated.
This is My Submission for JFI#7 hosted by Past Presenet and Me