ONION TOMATO KURUMA
This is a Side dish for Tiffin varieties (Idli/Dosa)
1. Onion - 2 Nos
2. Tomato - 2 Nos
3. Garlic Pod - 4 Nos
4. Turmeric Powder
5. Salt - to Taste
Ingredients for Grinding:-
1. Pottukadalal - 1-1/2 tbls
2. Red Dry Chilli - 4 nos ( according to your Taste)
3. Sombu/Saunf - 3/4 tsp
4. Cumin / Jeera 1/2 tsp
(Dry Roast the above till nice Aroma comes )
5. Grated Coconut - 2 tablespoon
6. Few Cashew or Badam - I used Cashew
(Curry leaves - Instead of Tempering this I had grinded)
Ingredients for Tempering:-
1. Oil - 3 tsp
2. Mustard Seeds
3. Curry leaves
1. Chop the Onions, Tomato and Garlic length wise.
2. Heat Oil in a Kadai, temper the ingredients and fry Garlic and Onions first and then add Tomato.
3. Add Salt and Turmeric Powder, sauté nicely, till it becomes pulpy.
4. Now goes Grinded Masala and stir for few minutes before adding 1-1/2 cups to 2 cups of water.
5. Cook till the oil floats on top.
Onion Tomato Kurma is a Rich, Spicy and delicious side dish for Idli/Dosa.