Moong Dal Halwa
Dal Halwa. Traditional Indian Halwa.
Wheat Halwa is a regular during Diwali time. For a change Why don't you try Moongdal Halwa.
1. Yellow Moong dal - 1 cup
2. Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
3. Ghee - 4 +1 tablespoons
4. Elaichi Powder
5. Cahsew Nuts and Grated Badam
6. Milk - 2 1/4 cup
1. Dry roast Moong Dal till golden colour. (At this stage you get a nice aroma.)
2. Cool it and Fine Powder it. 3. Heat 4 tablespoons of Ghee in a kadai (preferably non-stick) fry the moongdal Powder in slow flame for 4 minutes.
4. Boil Milk in a vessel and pour it over this dal mixture and cook till done. (You get a glitter on this, If it is fully cooked. 5. Gradually add Sugar and mix well, stir well to make this a lump and ghee oozes out from the edges.
Halwa Test:- If you touch with wet finger, it should not stick, then Halwa is done
Garnishings:- 1. Garnish with Elaichi Powder.
2. In remaining ghee fry cahsewnuts and pour over halwa and mix well 3. Before serving garnish with grated badam.
For even richer taste, add sugarless Khoya at the end.
::~ Halwa that is Healthy and Protein rich. ~::.
Wheat Halwa is a regular during Diwali time. For a change Why don't you try Moongdal Halwa?
This is My submission for RCI (Tamil Festival) hosted by Viji