# Pulunkari (Vendhaya Sambar) is a Traditional Kerala Dish.
# Highlight of this dish is "taste like sambar" but without much dal.
# Easy to make and Good to taste.
Source: My Aunty who featured in Oman Times with this Recipe.
1. Mixed Vegetables (Drumstick, Brinjal, Lady's Finger, Carrot etc)(Any Sambar vegetables) (cubed)
2. Tamarind small lemon size
3. Salt to taste
4. Slit Green Chillies 2
6. Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
7. Gud (jaggery) little
1. Fenugreek seeds (methi) 3/4 tsp
2. Toor dal 1 tsp
3. Raw Rice 1 tsp
4. Grated Coconut 3 to 4 table spoons.
6. Dry red Chillies 5 to 6 (according to taste)
2. Mustard seeds
3. Curry leaves.
Pulunkari (Vendhaya Sambar)
1. Take out the Tamarind pulp and dilute it with water (2-1/2 cups)
2. Boil Tamarind water with Turmeric, Salt, Green Chillies and Hing.
3. Add Vegetables and cook till vegetables become soft.
4. Mix grinded paste, Gud (Jaggery ) and Cook further a for 5 minutes.
5. Temper with Mustard and Curry leaves.
This sambar can be made without any Toor Dal, instead, add little more Coconut.
:!: Serve with Hot Rice. :!:
Note: For best flavour use coconut oil for tempering.