/ / Laddu / /
Gram Flour (Besan) 2 cups
Rice flour 1 tsp
Sugar 3 cups
Water 1 cup
Cooking soda Pinch
Oil or ghee for frying
This measure makes 25 medium sized laddus.
1.Cashew nuts 12 (broken into small pieces)
2.Raisins 2 tsp
3.ElaichI powder ½ tsp
4.Badam (Optional) 5 to 6 sliced finely
5.Eating camphor One small pinch
6 Food colour 3 pinch
7.Lavang 6 nos
8.Saffron 4 strings
1.Sieve the gram flour and rice flour together.
2.Put the flour in the bowl and add salt and dilute it with water till bajji batter consistency.
3.Take a boondi strainer with holes and wipe it dry.
4.Heat oil in a kadai and then keep the oil in low fire.
5.Hold the strainer on top of oil and pour one big ladle of batter and gently tap the laddle (hole) with the help of a spoon.
6.Small balls will flow from that oil and deep fry till ¾ cook.
7.Take out and keep this aside and drain out the excess oil.
8. Follow the same procedure for making boondi.
9. Alternate time should wash and wipe the ladle.
Making Syrup:1.Take sugar in a big pan and pour water and make a sugar syrup till one string consistency.
2.Fry garnishing items in ghee and pour on the syrup.
3.Add eating camphor, elaichi and food color.
Put all the prepared boondi in the syrup and mix it nicely.
Keep this for 5 mins.
By this time boodhi will be soaked with sugar syrup.
When it is still hot make a small balls pressing nicely.
Cool it thoroughly.
Delicious laddu ready.
1. Before making laddu if you are not able to make it as a ball and then put the boodhi in a bowl and keep this bowl in a hot water container for few minutes.
2. When the boodhi is hot, then only making laddu is possible.
3. While making boondi, the strainer must be kept above the oil as near as possible.
4. If we hold the boondi strainer higher, then the boondi will not come round.
5. If you have added more water, the boondi will come flat.