\ \ KEERAI KOOTTU \ \
1. Any greens (Palak, Methi, Mulakeerai) leaves:: 500gms
2. Moong dal ¼ cup
3. Salt to taste.
For making paste::
Grated coconut 4 table spoon
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Dried red chillies 2 to 3
Rice flour 1 tsp
1. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
2. Urad dal 2 tsp
3. Hing little
4. Oil or Ghee 1 tsp
Cooking time:: 25 minutes
Serving portion:: 4 persons
1. Boil moong dal (Yellow Splitted) till soft.
2. Wash the leaves and cut it finely.
3. Add washed leaves, salt and boil it till soft.
4. Then add the ground paste and boil it for a few minutes.
5. Continue stirring it, otherwise it will stick to the utensil.
6. Season it with the above ingredients.
1. Boil leaves in the open vessel it will retain the green colour
2. Instead of rice flour can add chutney dal while grinding.
3. Can use Toor dal also.
4. If you are pressure cooking the dal ,boil leaves separately
5. While boiling leaves add very little water only , as salt will also make water will ooze out from leaves.
6. Can have it with Rice or Chappathi.
# Comments, Suggestions welcome. #