Puli Inji (Ginger in Tamarind Sauce)
Hot, Sweet and Sour Pickle.
Good accompaniment for Dosas and Curd Rice.
1. Chopped Tender Ginger pieces 1 cup
2. Chopped Green Chilli pieces 1/4 cup
3. Tamarind (lemon size) soaked in 1 cup of water
4. Jaggery (gooseberry size)
5. Salt to taste
Ingredients for tempering:
1. Oil (Gingely Oil) 3 tablespoons
2. Mustard Seeds
3. Curry Leaves
4. Dry Red Chillies 2
Ingredients for Masala Powder:
1. Fenugreek Seeds 1/2 tsp
2. Sesame seeds 1 tsp(Fry these separately but can powder together)
1. Heat Oil in a kadai and temper Mustard Seeds, Curry leaves and Red Chillies.
2. Now goes the Chopped Ginger and Green Chilli pieces for a fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add thick Tamarind extract, Jaggery, Salt and Hing.
4. Cook till Oil floats on top
5. Now goes the Masala powder and Cook for a minute
6. Cool and store in a sterlised bottle.
Different kind of Pickle that aid Digestion and remove bloatedness.
Stays good for a month, if refrigerated.
1. Soak Ginger in water for atleast 1 hour to clean its mud.
2. Use only Tender Ginger, it will be very crunchy to bite with its skin.
This is My Submission for JFI-Ginger Hosted by RosieWhat's the recipe today Jim?