Potatoes and Capsicums (Bell Pepper) cooked in Tangy Gravy.
Easy to make Party recipe.
Aloo Simla Mirch
1. Potates 2 (Boiled and cubed)
2. Capsicum 1 (de seeded and Cubed)
3. Onion 2 Finely chopped
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil 2 table spoons.
6. Sugar 1/4 tsp
1. Green Chilli - 1
2. Chilli Powder - 1 tsp (according to Taste)
3. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
4. Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
5. Ginger one small piece
6. Garlic 2 pods
7. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
8. Chutney Dal - 1 tsp
9.Tamarind Small marble size or pulp 1/2 tspGrind everything by adding little water.
Aloo Simla Mirch with Paratha
1. Heat oil in the kadai, add Capsicum pieces and fry for a few minutes and keep it aside.
2. In same oil add finely chopped Onion and cook till it becomes brown on slow fire. Only browned onions gives a good taste.
3. Add Sugar, Grinded paste and fry for a minute.
4. Pour one cup water and cook till oil floats on top.
5. Now add cubed Potatoes, Capsicum pieces, salt .
6. Cover and Cook in slow fire for 10 minutes,
7. Garnish with Coriander and sliced Ginger Pieces.
Serve with Roti, Naan, Rice
Note:If the Gravy is too watery, mash 1 or 2 more pieces of potatoes.