Very famous Sweet of India.
 Extract of Wheat and Milk.
 Irresistible Taste - If it comes out well.
 Can keep peoples mouth shut - If it does not come well. :-)
1. One cup Samba Wheat or Samba Wheat Rawa. (soak in water for 3 to 4 hours)
2. Saffron strands and Orange food colour.
3. Sugar (for one cup Wheat, Thick Milk 2 to 21/2 cups)
4. Ghee (for one cup milk 1/2 cup ghee)
5. Elaichi Powder
6. Cashew nuts broken
7. Hot Boiling water ( for one cup milk 2 1/2 cups)
8. Lemon juice 1 tsp for one cup of milk.
1. Grind the wheat and take extract. Grind again for 3 to 4 times.
2. Strain well with muslin cloth or using a fine sieve and keep it aside for 4 hours.
3. Discard the water from the top and measure the thick white extract (Wheat milk) and add lemon juice and keep it aside.
4. Dissolve Sugar in water and make one string consistency. (for sugar syrup just enough water to cover sugar)
5. Mean time boil water in a separate vessel.
6. Add Wheat milk to the Sugar syrup and stir finely. It will harden, then add 1/2 cup of boiling water
and stir again. Follow the same process till finishing the water. (now the mixture looks glossy and fully cooked). Now goes the food colour and saffron.
7. Gradually add Ghee and Stir well. (Cooking time about 15 to 20 min).
8. Wheat milk, ghee, sugar syrup will all gather and will lump together and ghee will ooze out. Now goes the Elaichi powder and Cashew nut pieces.
9. Set in a plate.
[\] Cool and Cut into desired shape. Serve with Hot and Spicy Bajjis. [/]
1. Why lemon juice in a Sweet? To avoid forming of Sugar crystals in the Sweet.
2. If you use Granulated sugar the measure should be 2 Cups. If you use Fine Sugar, the measure you use must be 2 1/2 Cups.
3. While making Sugar Syrup, add a teaspoon of milk to remove dust.
We make wheat halwa too but this is such a different recipe. looks yummy
Delicious!!!! I love it but have never made by myself. Thanx a lot for the recipe.
Ur wheat halwa is different should give a try:)
I never made wheat halwa. Your's looks delicious, will give it a try :)
How long it takes to make it?
looks like tirunelvelli halwa, this is the way my mom made. oh , my mouth is watering now.
Hi Ashwini and Puspha,
Thanx a lot.
Hi Tanuja and CT,
Please try it and lwt me know. Surely u will love it.
For one cup of milk it will take minimum 40 to 50 min stirring time.
Thanx a lot and for your info thirunelveli halwa they mix both wheat extract and coconut milk.
Hey what is sambha wheat?
Samba wheat is one type of wheat.The grain looks lengthier than normal wheat.It has more stickiness than the other one.Thanks
Nice recipe MT! I have used less sugar to suit our taste! :))
While I was a child, in the mixed sweet box I use to leave out only these halwas. Be it any colour, I dont know, may be its chewy texture that I never liked.Looking at the ones that you made, I am drooling literally here. I may want to try these, my mom would be happy more than anyone as she loves them.
Try this Halwa in a very thick and big vessel...while pouring hot water it will boil like milk..
i would love to try this recipe but am sorry, i am really lost.i don't understand how much qty i should use.if i understand correctly, 1 cup of wheat will yield 2-2 1/2 cups milk.ordinary sugar would be 2 cups. what about ghee???should i use 1 cup of ghee? and what about water?would that be 5 cups of water?and lemon juice?? plz reply soon as i really wish to try this recipe. thanks a lot. would you be knowing the recipe for kala jamun? thanks
is it one string consistency or soft ball stage (muthu padham)? just confirming. thanks
Actually my measurement was in small cup. In which I measured wheat milk, i measured everything with that same cup. If 1 cup milk then 1/2 cup ghee and 5 cups water and 2 to21/2 cups sugar. (This measurement is only for wheat milk not for wheat)
I am very happy to note that u r trying. Thanks.
I am glad that u r willing to try this. One string consistency only.
thanks a lot. i will let you know how it turned out. sorry but i think the water is 2 1/2 cups instead of 5 cups right?? thanks again for the wonderful recipes.
delicious receipe thanks for this yummy dish....but when i prepared i got that whole wheat smell how can i remove that smell plz give some tips
delicious dish !!!! but when i made this receipe i got the whole wheat smell plz tell me how to remove that smell ?? .............
Post a Comment