# A variety of Paratha made from Bottle Gourd (Dudhi in hindi, Suraikkai in tamil).
# Spicy Paratha made with splash of coriander and mint for flavor.
# Best Suited for Picnics and Party.
Here goes the making of it:
1. Wheat flour 1 cup
2. Besan 1/4 cup
3. Green Chilli 1 (cut into fine pieces)
4. Coriander leaves one handful
5. Mint leaves little
6. One small piece of Bottle gourd grated
7. Salt to taste
8. Oil for kneading and frying
9. Curd 2 tablespoons
10. Sesame seeds 2 tsp
1. Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
2. Coriander Powder 2 tsp
3. Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp (or according to taste)
4. Ginger Garlic Paste 1/4 tsp (optional ) here I used only ginger paste.
5. Amchur Powder or Lime juice 1/2 tsp.
1. In Wheat flour and Besan flour mix Coriander leaves, Mint leaves, Chopped Green Chillies,
1 tablespoon of Oil, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Chilli powder, Ginger Garlic paste,
Amchur powder or Lime juice and Squeezed Grated Bottle Gourd (keep the Bottle gourd juice
for kneading), Sesame seeds, Salt and Curd.
2. Add Bottle Gourd juice for kneading (no extra water required, if needed sprinkle water.)
3. Immediately roll in to circles, apply Oil and fold in to triangle and make triangular shape paratha .
4. Fry both sides in tawa applying Oil both sides.
! As Usual Serve Hot with Pickle, Raitha etc. !
Was that too Spicy ?
nice looking parathas, haven't heard using bottlegourd, will try .
Wow...this paratha recipe sounds delicious. I got some bottle gourd from the Indian store just y'day..will try this out soon.
Hi Lakshmi and Priya,
Thank u very much. Please try and let me know.
another variety of paratha for me to make.
At this rate I will only keep making and eating parathas for a long time :):)
Wow!!! great creation. Yummy
Hi Shanthi and Pushpa,
Post a Comment