1. Ridge Gourd Pieces - 1 cup
2. Dry Red Chillies - 3 to 4
3. Tamarind - small lemon size
4. Salt - to taste
5. Hing - little
6. Curry Leaves - one handful
7. Coriander Leaves - one handful
8. Grated Coconut - 2 tablespoons.
9. Urad Dal - 2 tablespoons.
10. Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
11. Methi Seeds - few
12. Oil 3 tsp
13. Coriander Seeds - 5 to 6
14. Channa Dal - 1 tsp
1. Heat half amount of Oil in a kadai, add 1/2 portion of Mustard Seeds, Urad dal, Methi seeds, Coriander seeds, Channa Dal, Red Chillies and fry till red and keep it aside.
2. In the same kadai add pieces of Ridge Gourd and cook nicely.
3. Now goes the Curry leaves, Coriander leaves and Coconut. Sauté till water evaporates.
4. Cool it. Then add Tamarind and Salt. Grind it with the fried ingredients.
5. Season remaining mustard seeds with remaining oil.
# Good to have with fenugreek Dosa, as a Bread spread etc. #
1. Check Ridge Gourd Pieces before cooking for bitterness.
2. Cut into pieces, with little skin remaining. It will give nice flavor.
3. Can grind without adding Coriander and Curry leaves.
4. No need to add water while grinding. Water from the guard pieces is enough for grinding.
Peerkkangai Thuvayal...looks delicious & flavourful. would love to try this soon...Thanks for sharing this recipe.My fav veggie is ridge gourd.
Thanx. I am eager to know the result.
The peerkkangai thuvial was amazing !! I made it for onam for some weird reason as part of our Onam Sadhya and everyone who we invited for lunch reallly lov'd it !!
cheap wow power leveling buy wow gold cheapest wow power leveling CHEAP wow gold BUY power leveling CHEAPEST wow powerleveling
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldweiwei
Post a Comment