Monday, June 05, 2006
Last week we all had cold and cough, we wanted to have curds, but it was very cold.
I remembered the dish that my mother used. That is More Rasam.
I share this with you all.
1. Curds 1 cup
2. Water 3 cups
3. Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
4. Hing little
5. Salt to taste
6. Rice flour 1 tsp
7. Omam (Ajwain ) 11/2 tsp
8. Grated ginger 1/4 tsp
1. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
2. Dry Red Chillies 2 (broken into pieces)
3. Curry leaves.
1. Dry Roast Omam till it pops open and keep it aside.
2. Dilute the curd and churn nicely.
3. Now in that add Rice flour, Salt, Hing , Grated ginger and Turmeric powder.
4. Heat Oil in a Pan or Kadai Season with Mustard, Red Chillies and Curry leaves and pour over the diluted Curd mix and cook till foamy (before Boiling stage).
[ Serve Hot with Cooked Rice.]
* * * Giving a break to food blogs for a couple of weeks. Shall be back in July. Till then, enjoy Life and Take Care. * * *
Posted by Menu Today at 9:31 PM 13 comments:
Labels: Hot Rasam/Soups
Friday, June 02, 2006
=> Easy to make.
=> Colorful - kids and adults will love this.
=> Made with grated Carrot and seasoned with Indian spices.
1. Idli batter
2. Curry leaves and coriander leaves handful chopped finely.
3. Grated Carrot, Boiled peas.
4. Grated Ginger 1 tsp
5. Finely chopped green chilli 1
6. Oil or Ghee 1 tsp
7. Mustard, Urad dal, Channa dal for seasoning.
1. In Idli batter, mix 3/4 of grated Carrot, Peas, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Chopped ginger.
2. Heat oil and season with Mustard, Urad dal, Channa dal and Hing, pour the seasoning over Idli batter and mix gently.
3. In a greased Idli plate, sprinkle remaining grated Carrot on each pit and on top of it pour Idli batter .
4. Steam till the Idli is cooked.
~ Idli with a difference is Ready. ~
~ Serve Hot with Idli podi or Coconut Chutney. ~
Posted by Menu Today at 11:40 AM 11 comments:
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Strawberry Cheese Paratha
Hello People, This is my Second post for the JFI June - Strawberry hosted by Bakingfairy.
Strawberry and Cheese in Desi Paratha.
Sweet Paratha that can be a Dessert.
What Cheese to use?? I chose Philadelphia Cream cheese.
Do You wish to try this out, then here goes How I did this.
1. Wheat flour - 1 cup
2. Pinch of Salt
3. Sugar - 3 tablespoons
4. Strawberry pieces
5. Cinnamon Powder - 3 pinches
6. Milk to knead the dough
7. Butter for frying.
Strawberry Cheese Paratha
1. Cream Cheese
2. Sugar powder (according to taste)
Grate the Cream Cheese and Mix Sugar Powder and keep it aside.
1. Blend Strawberries, Sugar in a blender (Puree) and keep it aside.
2. Put Wheat flour, Cinnamon powder, Salt and Grinded puree mix well and knead a dough using milk if necessary.
3. Make small size Chappathi and stuff with Cheese mixture and seal it properly. Dust with wheat flour and roll into thicker Chappathis.
4. Fry on a Tawa both sides applying butter.
// Serve Hot with a topping of cream. //
Strawbwrry Cheese Paratha
Posted by Menu Today at 7:49 AM 10 comments:
Labels: Desi Rotis
Strawberry Cream Sandwich
Am participating in JFI for Second time.
As you may know, Jihva for Ingredients (JFI) is hosted every month keeping an item as the Main ingredient.
JFi for May 2006 was on Mangoes,hosted by Mahanandi.
I presented two recipes then:-
1. Mango Thokku
2. Mango Bits Pickle in Oil
JFi for June is: Strawberry hosted by Bakingfairy.
This time again I present two recipes with Strawberry:-
1. Strawberry Cream Sandwich and
2. Strawberry Cheese Paratha. (Next Post)
(/) Sweet tasting Sandwich - 1
Preparation time only 5 minutes, believe me please.
1. Bread Slices. (Side crust removed)
2. Strawberry pieces (Finely Cut)
3. Whipping cream
4. Butter (optional)
1. Apply butter on Bread pieces and keep it aside.
2. Spreadout strawberry pieces and Top it with whipping cream and
3. Spread another layer of strawberry pieces and Cream and cover with another Bread Slice.
4. Chill in a fridge, Cut diagonally and Serve.
(\) Kids will love this. (\)
Posted by Menu Today at 7:42 AM 6 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)