* A typical South Indian pickle.
* Grated Mango in Oil.
1. Raw Mango 1 Sour variety
2. Gingely oil
3. Salt to taste
4. Chilli Powder to taste
6. Jaggery 1/2 tsp
7. Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
8. Fenugreek Powder 1 tsp
9. Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
1. Peel the skin of mango and grate it.
2. Heat 3 table spoons of Oil in a Kadai, add Mustard seeds, Grated Mango, Jaggery, Salt , Hing and Turmeric powder one after another.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Now goes the Chilli Powder and 2 table spoons of oil .
5. Cook till Oil floats on top. ( Add more Oil, if needed.)
6. Sprinkle Fenugreek powder and mix for a minute and switch off.
7. Cool and Store in a Jar.
* Can stay good for months together, if stored in refrigerator. *
Just want to dip my finger in it.
Thanks for participating in this event with double entries.
i luv this pickle.
Sounds yummy ! Love the jackfruit payasam recipe too.
Never trid making Thokku before, will try soon. Thank you for the recipe. A job well done
This is a die for!!!
Oh thokku is so delicious. I didnt know it lasted so well will def give it a try
Hi Indira, Lakshmi,SH,Archana,Pushpha and Ashwini,
Thank u all.
Post a Comment